I haven’t written in a while and a lot has happened! Here’s a quick update:
- Kelly (my husband) is no longer doing the Ironman. He was having too many issues swimming and wanted to make a decision without stressing right up until race morning. Although we don’t stay together during the race, I’m sad knowing my buddy won’t be out there suffering with me. On the bright side, I’ll have an extra spectator, and one who knows exactly what I’m feeling! And Kelly can now focus on biking, which he loves.
- My shoulder feels a lot better. I’ve still only swum once in three weeks (and it was an easy swim and half the distance!) and am now ridiculously nervous about the swim portion. I’m going to try tomorrow morning and push the pace a little bit.
- We raced the Gran Fondo Rockies this past weekend. Kelly biked the competitive 170km and came in fourth overall!!!
I am so proud of him. I rode the 100km and had an awesome hilly, windy training ride. It was a really fun event, with a live band and tasty food at the finish.
- With less than two weeks to go, I’m getting super nervous for the big race (more on this another day).
I also have a lot to start sorting gear out. You need a lot of stuff for an Ironman, so I’ve started making tons of lists!
- Can you believe it’s already the middle of August?!
What’s new in your world?